Saturday, April 19, 2008

December Experiences

My mom met Richard and fell pretty hard for him, I think. When I introduced him to her, she said (and I quote), "Hello, Richert! Do you know who I am??? I'm your grandma!" Who can blame her, really? The little guy is a heart-breaker.


Richard and I went home for the holidays. My family and I learned very quickly that he had a love for... curtains.... and that eyes are no match little green critters.

Richard's climbing has reached new heights. Literally. Once, I searched high and low, unable to find him. It was a scary moment for a young mother, let me tell you. This is where he turned out to be:

I decided to spare some of my mealworms (Tenebrio molitor) to allow them to metamorphose into darkling beetles. Egg-laying factories, to be more specific. This was my first pupa, which I put in a pill box.

Today (April 19, 2008), I have 17 extremely spoiled beetles and several hundreds of mealworms, large and small.

When we ended the month, Richard measured 3.65 inches (9.3 cm), and 13.6 inches (34.5 cm) including his tail.

No comments: